Health protocols measures
In the context of taking measures to deal with the COVID-19, special health protocols have been issued on the basis of which tourism companies operate. We would like to inform our campers about the obligation to implement COVID-19 infection prevention measures as they apply to our campsite.
The social distance of 1.5 meters must be kept in all indoor and outdoor areas between people who do not live in the same camp or do not belong to the same family or group of friends and avoid overcrowding.
The distance between each form of camp (caravans, motorhomes, tents, etc.) should be at least 5 meters from the entrance of the camping place and 3 meters from each other side. The social distance of 1.5 meters between people who do not live in the same camp or mobile house or do not belong to the same family or group of friends must also be ensured in all areas.
COVID-19 case tracker
It is not allowed to enter, pass, stay, as well as the use of camping facilities by non-residents (passers-by, visitors, relatives, friends, etc.) in the accommodation. The Camping management keeps a record kept in the campsite under its responsibility, for all persons residing or residing in it – name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details (address, telephone, email) at each camp or house or belongs to customers or the business.
WC –Sinks for wash dishes
Sanitary facilities (toilets, showers, hand washing facilities, locker rooms, sinks for washing dishes) must be kept clean and in good condition in accordance with the Sanitary Provisions and adequately ventilated during use. The minimum distance of 1.5 meters between people should be kept.
Numbers of 6 people are defined as the maximum number of people sitting at a table. There is no limit in the case of a family with minor children. In our restaurant, the maximum number of customers allowed is 50.
Numbers of 2 people are defined as the maximum number of customers inside the supermarket, maintaining a distance of 1.5 meters between them. Also, it is not allowed to form a queue of more than 5 people outside the supermarket.
Set of two (2) sun sunbeds can be placed per umbrella, with the exception of families with minor children. The minimum distance between the sunbeds under different umbrellas is set at two (2) meters in each direction.
Team sports that require physical contact (over 2 people) such as basketball, beach volleyball, etc. are prohibited in the campsite. Individual sports are allowed.
Extension of check-out and check-in between stays (check out until 11.00 am and check in from 3.00 pm). Changing this interval is mandatory to ensure that between different customers the room is cleaned and thoroughly disinfected, and that adequate natural ventilation is followed.
It is forbidden for non-residents to enter the rooms. Cleaning of high-risk objects such as knobs, keys, as well as the use of a steam cleaner on the disputed surfaces of the room / curtains is enhanced. Washing of fabrics, bedding and towels is done in hot cycles (70 oC) with the usual detergents.
Covid-19 case management
If a visitor shows symptoms compatible with COVID-19 infection, the following apply:
• The doctor with whom the tourist accommodation cooperates for the evaluation of the incident is called.
• If the patient is in urgent need of hospitalization, presents a severe clinical picture, is referred to the relevant health unit, as a suspected COVID-19 case. If it is not possible to manage a COVID-19 case from the health infrastructure of the area, there must be a provision for transporting the patient (EKAB, floating ambulance, air transport) to the nearest health unit where he can manage it.
• If the patient has a mild clinical picture, a sample is obtained from the doctor for laboratory confirmation of COVID-19.
• If the incident is assessed as possible COVID-19 by the examining doctor, the hotel health officer communicates IMMEDIATELY with EODY at 210 5212054 or the special four-digit number 1135 (24 hours a day), for the statement of COVID-19 case and further handling operations.
• The patient with a mild clinical picture remains in his room until the results of the laboratory test are announced..
• During the above wait, the entry of staff into the patient’s room is avoided, if there is no significant reason. If necessary, a staff member of the accommodation is advised to deal exclusively with the possible case.
• The doctor and staff of the hotel entering the room of the suspected or later confirmed case must use high-protection personal protective equipment (MAP) (masks, goggles, waterproof disposable robes). The same applies to the staff who will deal with the cleaning of a patient’s room with COVID-19.
• If confirmed as a case of COVID-19, it is transferred to the special quarantine hotel and later to a health facility that will accommodate patients with COVID-19 if they need treatment. If not confirmed as a case of COVID-19, it is treated at the hotel with the instructions of the treating doctor.
• The patient is transported with MAP (simple surgical mask) and private means of transport.
• If there is a companion of the patient, who wishes to stay close to him to take care of him (eg spouse), he should be given a simple surgical mask and advised to wash his hands, every time he comes in contact with secretions of the patient (eg saliva) and definitely before the attendant touches his face or eats or drinks.
• Contact details for relative of the patient’s must always be recorded if consent is required for interventions where the patient cannot communicate.
• Used protective equipment (simple disposable surgical mask, gloves) should be discarded in a bucket and never used again.
After disposing of protective equipment, hands should be thoroughly washed with soap and water. It is emphasized that the use of gloves does not replace hand washing, which is a very important means of prevention.
With understanding and responsibility, we all adhere to the above measures, in order to ensure the safety of all of us for our holidays!
Mitari Camping & Villas management