Health protocols measures
In the context of taking measures to deal with the COVID-19, special health protocols have been issued on the basis of which tourism companies operate. We would like to inform our campers about the obligation to implement COVID-19 infection prevention measures as they apply to our campsite.
The social distance of 1.5 meters must be kept in all indoor and outdoor areas between people who do not live in the same camp or do not belong to the same family or group of friends and avoid overcrowding.
The distance between each form of camp (caravans, motorhomes, tents, etc.) should be at least 5 meters from the entrance of the camping place and 3 meters from each other side. The social distance of 1.5 meters between people who do not live in the same camp or mobile house or do not belong to the same family or group of friends must also be ensured in all areas.
COVID-19 case tracker
It is not allowed to enter, pass, stay, as well as the use of camping facilities by non-residents (passers-by, visitors, relatives, friends, etc.) in the accommodation. The Camping management keeps a record kept in the campsite under its responsibility, for all persons residing or residing in it — name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details (address, telephone, email) at each camp or house or belongs to customers or the business.
WC –Sinks for wash dishes
Sanitary facilities (toilets, showers, hand washing facilities, locker rooms, sinks for washing dishes) must be kept clean and in good condition in accordance with the Sanitary Provisions and adequately ventilated during use. The minimum distance of 1.5 meters between people should be kept.
Numbers of 6 people are defined as the maximum number of people sitting at a table. There is no limit in the case of a family with minor children. In our restaurant, the maximum number of customers allowed is 50.
Numbers of 2 people are defined as the maximum number of customers inside the supermarket, maintaining a distance of 1.5 meters between them. Also, it is not allowed to form a queue of more than 5 people outside the supermarket.
Set of two (2) sun sunbeds can be placed per umbrella, with the exception of families with minor children. The minimum distance between the sunbeds under different umbrellas is set at two (2) meters in each direction.
Team sports that require physical contact (over 2 people) such as basketball, beach volleyball, etc. are prohibited in the campsite. Individual sports are allowed.
Extension of check-out and check-in between stays (check out until 11.00 am and check in from 3.00 pm). Changing this interval is mandatory to ensure that between different customers the room is cleaned and thoroughly disinfected, and that adequate natural ventilation is followed.
It is forbidden for non-residents to enter the rooms. Cleaning of high-risk objects such as knobs, keys, as well as the use of a steam cleaner on the disputed surfaces of the room / curtains is enhanced. Washing of fabrics, bedding and towels is done in hot cycles (70 oC) with the usual detergents.
Management of a suspected case of COVID-19
If a visitor shows symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection, the following applies:
- Immediately inform the health officer of the accommodation who will ensure that measures are taken to isolate the patient in his/her room. The patient is given a surgical mask. In addition, a doctor with whom the tourist accommodation cooperates shall be informed or, if there is none, a doctor from a health establishment with which the accommodation is linked shall be called to assess the case.
- During the time the patient is waiting to be examined by a doctor, staff should avoid entering the patient’s room unless there is an important reason. If the need arises, a specific member of the staff of the accommodation shall deal exclusively with the possible case by applying personal protection measures (surgical mask, gloves).
- The doctor enters the room of the suspected case applying the personal protective equipment (high respiratory protection mask, protective goggles, waterproof gowns, gloves).
- If the patient has a mild clinical picture, the doctor takes a nasopharyngeal sample for antigenic rapid test and the patient remains in his/her room until the results are communicated.
If the result is positive, the patient wearing a surgical mask is transferred to the quarantine rooms of the hotel or quarantine hotel. As regards the conditions of transport of the patient, the provisions of the legislation shall apply in each case; if the result is negative, the patient shall be treated in the hotel in accordance with the instructions of the attending physician. At the discretion of the attending physician, a repeat of the antigenic rapid test or molecular PCR test may be requested.
- If the patient is in need of hospitalisation, he/she is transferred via ambulance (simple/folding ambulance, air ambulance) https://eody.gov.gr/wpcontent/uploads/2020/03/covid-19-ekab.pdf to the health facility that has the standards to treat patients with COVID-19 infection.
- Immediate notification of EODY by the hotel’s health officer (210 5212054 or 1135, 24-hour operation), regarding the suspected/confirmed case
- After the patient leaves the room and is transferred to a quarantine hotel or reference hospital, cleaning/disinfection follows https://eody.gov.gr/wpcontent/uploads/2020/05/covid19-apolimansi-14-05-20.pdf
The proposed personal protective equipment for cleaning staff includes:
— surgical mask
— robe with long sleeves, disposable, waterproof (or water-repellent and additionally — plastic apron)
— disposable gloves
— protective glasses
- The correct and safe way of applying, removing and disposing of personal protective equipment must be followed https://eody.gov.gr/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/PPE-donning-doffing.pdf After cleaning, disinfecting and disposing of personal protective equipment, hand hygiene must always follow: washing with water and soap for at least 20 seconds or, if this is not possible, using an antiseptic solution with a 60-95% ethanol content. It is stressed that the use of gloves is not a substitute for hand hygiene. https://eody.gov.gr/mikroviaki-antochi-kai-loimoxeis-poy-syndeontai-me-choroysparochis-ygeias/choroi-parochis-ygeias-nosokomeia/ygieini-ton-cherion/
- Used protective equipment must be disposed of in a closed, foot-operated bin
- If there is a patient’s companion who wishes to stay with the patient to take care of him/her (e.g. spouse), he/she should be given a surgical mask and the necessity of applying hand hygiene (frequent washing with soap and water or application of an alcohol-based antiseptic) whenever he/she comes into contact with secretions or the patient’s inanimate environment, before and after eating, before and after using the toilet should be pointed out.
- Recording contact details of a patient’s relative in case consent for procedures is required and the patient cannot be contacted.
With understanding and responsibility, we all adhere to the above measures, in order to ensure the safety of all of us for our holidays!
Mitari Camping & Villas management